Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Deadly Delves: Reign of Ruin (PFRPG)
- #UnderTheTree Get the Print+PDF version of #Pathfinder Book of Heroic Races Compendium today for 30% off. dld.bz/d3xdE 1 day ago
- #UnderTheTree The Print+PDF version of #Pathfinder Book of Beasts: Legendary Foes is 30% off now. dld.bz/d3xdA 1 day ago
- #UnderTheTree Get 30% off the Print+PDF version of the #Pathfinder Book of Beasts: Monsters of the Shadow Plane. dld.bz/d3xd4 2 days ago
- In the last 24 hours, I got an adventure and a race turned in. I am looking forward to reading both. :) 2 days ago
- If you haven't gotten this, grab it now. The World of Greyhawk, back in PDF. #DnD rpgnow.com/product/17392/… 2 days ago