Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Deadly Delves: Doom of the Sky Sword (PFRPG)
- The 15% off the Print and 25% off the PDF of the #Pathfinder Book of Beasts: Legendary Foes, high level monsters. dld.bz/dDuvx 30 minutes ago
- The Christmas in July sale is going on now. All our print books are 15% off and our PDFs are 25% off. #Pathfinder dld.bz/dMYrc 1 hour ago
- Get 15% off the print and 25% off the PDF of the #13thAge adventure Deadly Delves: Reign of Ruin. dld.bz/dMY3x 4 hours ago
- Welcome to Tsokabar Subsector, our latest in the #TravellerRPG Foreven Worlds series. jonbrazer.com/2015/07/28/tra… 7 hours ago
- Traveller: Welcome to Tsokabar Subsector jonbrazer.com/2015/07/28/tra… http://t.co/Tp58ovrts3 7 hours ago