Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Vehicles of War (PFRPG)
- I just uploaded the latest version of the #Pathfinder Book of Heroic Races Compendium. I forgot to italicize... fb.me/32sX7CEa4 16 hours ago
- A case for vehicles and why they should have levels. jonbrazer.com/2014/09/02/pat… 17 hours ago
- Pathfinder: Vehicles Need Levels wp.me/pkfHI-Jc 17 hours ago
- I've been working lately on a serious attempt to write an adventure. This is a much more serious attempt than any... fb.me/2MKlp5tWp 3 days ago
- Q: If a GM said "Do not trust the ear that sees all. The ear speaks only to deceive," would you think, "cryptic message" or "bad LotR rip"? 4 days ago