Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Treasury of the Sands (PFRPG)
- Our first The ENnie Awards submission for this award year has been sent off. May the force be with all those... fb.me/2OnWRSnEX 1 day ago
- I know it is almost a year old, but it still makes me laugh. youtu.be/-2swVic8KxY 1 day ago
- Running a high level #Pathfinder game, this is THE monster book to have. dld.bz/dxfTx 3 days ago
- So we have alot of bottles of wine at our house and my #parents are coming tomorrow. #OhBoy. 4 days ago
- So the gf and I like to go to wineries, try their vintages and buy several bottles. 1 problem: we don't drink much wine on a daily basis. 4 days ago