Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Deadly Delves: Rescue from Tyrkaven (5e)
- Black Week Traveller Sale - eepurl.com/bGpT9z 4 days ago
- Its the Black Week Sale going on now. Get an eye-popping 80% off select products at at DriveThruRPG/RPGNow and an... fb.me/2bngxDTUZ 4 days ago
- Black Week Sale Going On Now jonbrazer.com/2015/11/23/bla… 4 days ago
- RT @heather_dale: Amazing! Took me a moment to see it, then it took me a moment to stop smiling and get back to work :) https://t.co/UV0u3f… 1 week ago
- Amazing Races for your #Pathfinder game. us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d0b301817dc… fb.me/6VCxYN2Ze 1 week ago