Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Deadly Delves: Rescue from Tyrkaven (5e)
- Just tried #StarWarsBattlefront. Couldn't kill a single tie fighter that I didn't crash into. 6 days ago
- Hey, I'm waiting for @trump to yell, "Off With His Head!" at someone during a rally. #scifichat 6 days ago
- A3: Zeus wears a mech battle suit that shoots lightning #scifichat 6 days ago
- Does Batman ever fight zombies? #scifichat 6 days ago
- How about Alien vs Zombies. AvZ #scifichat 6 days ago