Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Vehicles of War (PFRPG)
Get some badass vehicles today for $1 during the I'm Not Going to PaizoCon Sale over at d20PFSRD.com.
- RT @Wizards_DnD: The new #DnD website is up, including a fancy new teaser for Tyranny of Dragons! dnd.wizards.com 21 hours ago
- #ChristmasInJuly on @DriveThruRPG ends in 14 minutes!!! Run, don't walk to get 25% off. #Traveller #PFRPG #13thAge rpg.drivethrustuff.com/rpg_xmas_in_ju… 1 day ago
- Doing the #DayJob to the soundtrack to #ConanTheBarbarian. It makes everything epic. 1 day ago
- RT @BruceCordell: If the urge to 'make the world a better place' came with instructions, then 'burning out and doing nothing' probably isn'… 2 days ago
- Waiting at the bank is going to cost me my daily walk, but at least I am standing as opposed to sitting like I do at the day job. 2 days ago