Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Deadly Delves: Reign of Ruin (PFRPG)
- To Claw the Surface, a level 1-3 adventure for your #Pathfinder game. Scratch for sunlight. Gasp for Air. jonbrazer.com/2015/08/25/pat… 14 hours ago
- To Claw the Surface, a level 1-3 adventure for your #Pathfinder game. Scratch for sunlight. Gasp for Air. jonbrazer.com/2015/08/25/pat… 1 day ago
- Download Tsokabar Subsector Wallpaper for your computer and get 2 new d66 lists for your #TravellerRPG game. jonbrazer.com/2015/08/26/tra… 1 day ago
- Traveller: Tsokabar Subsector Wallpaper and new d66 Lists jonbrazer.com/2015/08/26/tra… http://t.co/2oFckpgu1f 1 day ago
- Who wants a cute and cuddly electric tribble in the face? You do! #Pathfinder... fb.me/40XhEJxf9 1 day ago