Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Deadly Delves: Reign of Ruin (PFRPG)
- #TravellerRPG #ThrowbackThursday Player Career Pack 1 dld.bz/d9kfX 1 day ago
- Be sure to follow our #DnD5e blog where I talk about whatever strikes my fancy. community.wizards.com/user/1508466/b… 1 day ago
- #Pathfinder #ThrowbackThursday Book of Beasts: Monsters of the Shadow Plane dld.bz/d9kfS 2 days ago
- We got a very nice review at @d20pfsrd last week. Check it out and download today. "I love the bestiary bundle" shop.d20pfsrd.com/collections/jo… 2 days ago
- Dead tired. Came home from day job early and going to bed. 2 days ago