Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Advanced Catfolk (PFRPG)
- For our preview of the #PFRPG Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Wyvarans, we give you the racial traits.... fb.me/8xE7i8uNP 17 minutes ago
- [Pathfinder] The Wyvaran Race wp.me/pkfHI-Px 35 minutes ago
- Only took 7 years, but I finally got my Italian gf into an @olivegarden. 16 hours ago
- Bring Honor to Your Clan by playing Rescue from Tyrkaven at PaizoCon. And Wield a Huge Axe.... fb.me/2N7IVzSjg 1 day ago
- PaizoCon: Play a Catfolk And Wield a Huge Axe wp.me/pkfHI-P7 1 day ago