Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Book of Heroic Races Compendium (PFRPG)
- Playing in the #MummysMask #Pathfinder #AdventurePath. Download Treasury of the Sands for some awesome magic items. dld.bz/dxZU 13 hours ago
- So I'm learning how to use @reddit. 17 hours ago
- Planning a #Halloween #Pathfinder game? Get this 5-STAR rated monster collection of spooky creatures for only $2. dld.bz/dxZTX 1 day ago
- 10 amazing #PFRPG Compatible books for $10! #FrightFest dld.bz/dzcQW 1 day ago
- Check out all the classes getting favored class options soon from Jon Brazer Enterprises #Pathfinder... fb.me/73AsHJXH5 1 day ago