Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Deadly Delves: Reign of Ruin (PFRPG)
- Everyone says counterspelling just doesn't work in #Pathfinder. I say, they don't have these spells. dld.bz/d5WnR 6 hours ago
- 10 #Pathfinder adventures for $10! How can you go wrong? Grab it today #GMsDaySale dld.bz/d76fk 7 hours ago
- A $10 #Pathfinder bundle with adventures from us, @dreamscarred @RitePublishing @LegendaryGamesJ and more. dld.bz/d76fk 11 hours ago
- RT @KoboldPress: Adorable Creatures: Otterling for #Pathfinder #RPG owl.li/JKE8x 1 day ago
- RT @EmberDione: One of my favorite things - knowing people had the same kind of freak outs about Leonard Nimoy as the rest of us. http://t.… 1 day ago