Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Advanced Catfolk (PFRPG)
- I liked a @YouTube video from @jonbrazerent youtu.be/8sNu4BJqU80?a Episode 1: July Update 1 day ago
- RT @lpjdesign: I liked a @YouTube video from @jonbrazerent youtu.be/8sNu4BJqU80?a Episode 1: July Update 1 day ago
- Episode 1: July Update. We are talking #Pathfinder Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Elans and Deadly Delves:... youtu.be/8sNu4BJqU80?a 1 day ago
- RT @MichaelHyatt: Do one thing every day that scares you. - Eleanor Roosevelt 2 days ago
- Day off from the day job today. So I'm working on #Pathfinder Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Elans. 2 days ago