Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Deadly Delves: Reign of Ruin (PFRPG)
- Did you miss last week's exclusive look inside #Pathfinder Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Tengus? Check it out now? dld.bz/d5WjS 14 hours ago
- When it is cold outside, use these #Pathfinder spells to heat up your game. dld.bz/d5WjN 17 hours ago
- Did you miss last week's exclusive look inside #Pathfinder Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Tengus? Check it out now? dld.bz/d5WjS 1 day ago
- When it is cold outside, use these #Pathfinder spells to heat up your game. dld.bz/d5WjN 1 day ago
- Today we are taking an exclusive look at the spells in the #Pathfinder Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Tengus. jonbrazer.com/2015/01/29/pat… 1 day ago