While we have had a Google+ page for quite some time, I have not been advertising it much since it was the really long series of numbers. But I finally took the time to qualify for a custom URL. If you use Google+, goto google.com/+JonBrazer and be sure to circle us there to stay current with everything we are doing.
I wrote another Cthulhu poem last night. If you thought my last one was dark, … well, you haven’t seen anything yet. Seriously, this one really goes off the deep end of dark. Consider before reading.
An Ode to Oblivion
When the bow breaks, the cradle will fall,
Down into Cthulhu goes cradle and all.
How my heart longs for nothingness.
My soul, I hope he doth bless.
Crunchy my body, my soul is sweet,
May I be a tasty treat,
No more pain, an end to sorrow,
A freedom from life I’d love to borrow.
An end from this world I seek,
Sharing this gift, freeing this bleak
Exist’nce from starting again anew,
In my heart I know it true.
May my Master feast on me,
Turn my body to entropy.
Hair and skin and soul the same,
Crush this world with cleansing flame.
Now within the circle I lay
When it’s over my skin shall flay.
Candles around me all alight
Into oblivion, oh what a sight!
Peace of nothing, truth of all,
Opening the door for chaos to crawl.
This one gift I give to humanity.
Form and spirit are forever now free.
Along with working on Foreven Worlds: Fessor Subsector, I’ve been working on several patrons that tie into the area. Here are two of them that you can use right now.
Silver Fur, the head of the Vargr smuggling clan Ghouller on Cadian, had just finished overseeing the the name on his ships from Borderlands Secure Delivery to Speedy Interplanetary when he was shot dead in the street. His daughter, Broken Tooth, is hiring the players to find her father’s killer since she is in the middle of intra-clan struggle for leadership. She is going to the players since they are not intertwined with clan politics, allowing her to trust them. While she doesn’t know for sure, she suspects the one that hired her father’s killer was:
1) Konlaerruedz. He was ready for this fight before anyone else and had fired the first shots. He and his clan have always been difficult to keep on a leash and have always been a thorn in her father’s paw.
2) Ngoekzithsu. It was his ship he captained that was sloppy enough that got caught by the Zhodani authorities off Thikrit, and he was the reason that the clan had to change markings on their ships. Silver Fur was about to remove Ngoekzithsu as captain of his ship and head of his own little clan.
3) Okell. He is impulsive and greedy. He shoots first and growls later. The kind of bullets used to kill her father are the same caliber as his favorite gun. His clan have done some of the most brutal fighting to date.
4) Argus Vanth, the actual head of Borderlands Secure Delivery. He never liked that the Ghouller clan was using his company’s marking to slip past the Zhodani authorities. But when he tried to do something about it in the past, the Vargrs “convinced” Vanth that allowing the clan to use his name was in his own interest, if he was interested in still living. He swore revenge but had yet to do anything about it. Broken Tooth feels that with his company now having to go through extra scrutiny because of her family’s clan, Vanth may well have killed him.
5) Brandon Myers. He was one of the few law enforcement officials on Cadian that would not look the other way, regardless of the bribe.
6) Zarneff Jiadr. He is a community organizer on Cadian, attempting to make the planet a better place for Zhodanis. She would bet the remnants of her broke fang that he is a SORAG agent, trying to undermine what he called “destructive elements” in Zhodani circles.
Repelling the Raiders
Elder Starshine from the farming colony on Sieven says that a band of pirates come and steal most of their harvest every few months, leaving the people with barely enough to survive on and no where nearly enough to sell off world. The elder offers to pay the players in food if they put an end to the raids. Also the players should know that:
1) one of the farmers stood up to the pirates once. She was fed to the raider’s captive chamax hunter.
2) the colony use to have defenses. The raiders shot them all down and told the colonists that if they got more, they would bomb the whole colony.
3) the pirates took the elder’s son a few years ago and said they would keep him to insure compliance. They produce the kid every time they arrive.
4) the elder is pretty sure that the leader’s second on command is a telepathy of some kind.
5) the pirate crew wears some kind of electronic tag on their neck. If a pirate resists the captain’s orders, the freeman gets shocked.
6) the crop was bad this time because of some farming equipment malfunctions. The colonists have just enough to meet the quota, leaving them with nothing to eat for several months if they pay the raiders.