Carrakwak, our signature tengu inquisitor graces the cover of Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Tengus, but he is not the only tengu the book. Today we are showing off the other avian characters within this book done by Brian Brinlee. Brian’s work has been featured in works by Purple Duck Games, Silver Gryphon Games, and Rite Publishing. Check out these images for inspiration for your own tengu characters and look for his work in the upcoming Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Catfolk, coming in February.
Continuing our series of exclusive looks inside recent JBE releases, let’s take a look within Book of Magic: The Lost Spell Words. This is not our first expansion on the words of power magic system. It is, however, the longest delayed. As I explained in the introduction, I literally lost these spell words and found them again later.
Now that they are published and ready to use in your game, what exactly is inside shall now be revealed. These are two spell words inside this short PDF.
Object (Meta Word)
This metaword alters the saving throw, making it affect objects, such as undead and constructs. If the wordspell requires a Fortitude save, this metaword allows it to affect objects. This change does not affect whether or not a successful save negates the effect, reduces it, or has some other effect; it simply alters the types of creatures that can be affected by it. This has no effect on wordspells that require a Reflex or Will save.
Persistent (Meta Word)
Whenever a creature targeted by a wordspell or within the area affected by this metaword succeeds on its saving throw, it must make another saving throw against the effect. If a creature fails this second saving throw, it suffers the full effects of the wordspell, as if it had failed its first saving throw.
Adventurers and explorers extraordinaire, tengus make exceptional player chararacters. From their unique fighting styles to their ability to read anything put before them, tengus survive the toughtest scrapes and emerge victorious. Now your can play a tengu character like never before.
Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Tengus gives you everything you need to play a tengu character. This 23-page supplement features:
- Racial Traits to play a tengu, 3 alternate racial traits and 4 new character traits to customize your character for this unique play experience
- 8 New Character Class Options including 6 new archetypes like the raven knight and the spell scavenger, a giant raven animal companion, and the spying subdomain
- 6 New Feats expanding on your avian heritage
- 6 New Raven-Themed Spells
- A New Weapon and 4 New Magic Items
- 2 New Deities, each with a unique perspective on greed and knowledge
- Details on tengu adventurers as well as suggestions on how to incorporate this race into your world.
Be Heroic with This Advanced Race Today!
Or download the Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Tengus as part of the Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Subscription. Get this and Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Favored Class Options today as well as the 11 other races in the Book of Heroic Races: Advanced series as they are released throughout 2015 plus the upcoming Book of Heroic Races: Advanced Compendium when it is finished at DriveThruRPG/RPGNow, d20PFSRD, and Paizo.com.
What awaits the just and unjust when they walk beyond Death’s Curtain? What happens when the proper rules of building a tomb are not followed? How long will raiders and adventurers seek a treasure that is long gone or well-guarded? What are the consequences of forsaking one’s oath to her goddess? Inside these many tombs of unrest lie deadly traps and angry dead. But do the traps exist to keep raiders out or to keep the dead in? When you delve into the depths of these Quests of the Sands, will you return with tales of glorious adventure, forgotten treasures from ancient times, or a curse to haunt you for the rest of your days?
Quests of the Sands is a series of six short, one-session adventure modules in Jon Brazer Enterprises’ Deadly Delves series, and is compatible with the best-selling Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. This set of adventures is designed for four to five PCs ranging from 3rd to 10th-levels. Inside this volume, you’ll find:
- 8 fully-developed new monsters and NPCs for your Pathfinder campaign
- 5 original traps, 3 new haunts, and a new magic item, the mummy-like sultha sistrum
- Full-color maps of each location, totaling 6 different maps for your game
- Enough content to get your group through a night with little preparation needed
Dangers Unknown. Treasures Untold. Adventure Awaits.
When hobgoblin raiders kidnap a caravan full of workers and supplies, the adventurers set off to get them all back. But neither the raiders nor the adventurers know what terrifying horrors await them in the depths of their cavern hideout. Now, the adventurers must risk it all to prevent the minions of an ancient enemy from visiting death and destruction upon the land. Can the heroes rescue the captives from the hobgoblins and deliver them from this ancient foe—or will they all perish, ushering in the rise of a forgotten deity?
Rescue from Tyrkaven is the latest adventure module in Jon Brazer Enterprises’ Deadly Delves series, and is compatible with the best-selling Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. This adventure is designed to challenge four to five 2nd-level PCs who thirst for heroics… but they may find more than they bargained for in the process! Inside this volume, you’ll find:
- 5 fully-developed new monsters for your Pathfinder campaign
- A sinister new magic item, the book of dark obedience, that can set your adventurers onto an entirely new campaign
- A full-color map of the caverns from which the hobgoblins terrorize the locals
- Enough content to get a group of 2nd-level adventurers well on their way to 3rd level, with ideas to extend the story even further once you’re done exploring the caves
Dangers Unknown. Treasures Untold. Adventure Awaits.