Each character has backgrounds that helps you succeed at non-combat skills. This unique history helps to flesh out your character and explains who you are as much as how you got here. Age of Ideas: Character Backgrounds is a list of 100 ideas that will help you find the exact background you are looking for with your character.
Inside this 3 page PDF, you will find 100 background ideas that include:
- 22 Butterflykeeper
- 29 City Guard/Gate Keeper
- 42 Executioner/Torturer
- 94 Temple Slave
Give your Character Fantastical Life Today.
It’s the holiday season, whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah or Boxing Day or the Winter Solstice or Festivus or any others. Our present to you this season is a $2 sale on printer Shadowsfall books. As the days grow shorter, play on the Plane of Shadows, where high noon looks light twilight and a blood red moon shines on a good night. Grab the Book of Beasts: Monsters of the Shadow Plane and Shadowsfall: Shadow Plane Players Companion in print today for a holiday miracle of a price.
Order the Book of Beasts: Monsters of the Shadow Plane and Shadowsfall: Shadow Plane Players Companion, each for $2 today. Also be on the lookout for other One-Day Free Downloads throughout the month.
Terrible beasts, intimidating giants, freezing insects and other dangers of nature await you within the Book of Beasts: Monsters of the Great Druid. These inspiring monsters let you assault, frighten or befriend your players in new and exciting ways. Each has some connection to the Great Druid Icon, a powerful lover of nature that will stop at nothing to prevent the encroachment of civilization upon the wilderness. The exact nature of that connection is for you to know and your players to discover.
Inside this 12 page PDF, you will find 11 monsters that:
- range from levels 0 through 7
- fill the caster, leader, mook, spoiler, troop, and wrecker roles
- have a unique connection to the Great Druid Icon as well as other Icons in your game
Challenge your players in ways they never expected.
A truly dwarven group of magical items, gemhancements bring the lore and personality of the dwarves to your game. Book of Magic: Gemhancements delivers to you a new set of rules for magic items based on gems. These unique and versatile magic items are easy to integrate into your game.
Within this 8 page PDF, you will find:
- New rules to use and create gemhancements
- Insight into their connections with dwarven culture
- 4 sample dwarven made gemhancements
- 2 groups of non-dwarven made gemhancements
Explore this uniquely dwarven type of magic items today.
Pharaoh welcomes you, Great Scribe, to Jon Brazer Enterprises’ Open Call for Magic Items of all shapes and sizes. Whether it be a low-costing, one-use item or a great and powerful magic item, if it has an Ancient Egyptian theme, we would love to see it. Please read on for the specifics.
What do the stories say of these ancient treasures?
Merchants tell of trinkets commonly found in burial tombs with great and terrible powers, but they do not tell us what powers. This is why you, Great Scribe, are necessary to Pharaoh’s endeavors. Descriptions of the items and their powers must be formatted in the same style as you would find in Pathfinder Core Rulebook (download our template here). Pharaoh desires variety in his items, and they must be Ancient Egyptian in theme.
What will we not accept?
- Unbalanced items. Great Scribe, review the magic item creation guidelines in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook. Compare your item to those guidelines and to similar items in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Ultimate Equipment, etc. Careful application of these steps will provide a good assessment of your item’s balance.
- Items not formatted correctly. If you have adapted the common hieroglyphics to fit your needs, understand we will not be able to correctly decipher them, Great Scribe. We will not accept them by Pharaoh’s decree. Download our magic item template here.
- Items that already exist or are submitted to the RPG Superstar contest. The gods frown upon falsified writings. We shall not accept any item that already exists in this world or the next. Also, once you submit an item to the RPG Superstar contest it belongs to Paizo, regardless whether or not you are chosen for the Top 32. We cannot accept them.
- Variations upon a theme such as bracelet of iceballs, boots of arrow catching, etc. Pharaoh has plenty of the standard items and plenty of magicians already who can vary these templates as needed. The stories speak of ancient items not seen in 10,000 lifetimes. Those are what we seek.
- Bad grammar/spelling, “Egyptian-speak” such as Aset neteru, etc. The open call borrows from ceremonial language forms, Great Scribe; Pharaoh desires a more direct report from you. Remember, not everyone speaks English as their first language, and we do not wish those who will read your report to become confused by flowery turns of phrase. If we must edit your grammar much, we shall search out another scribe for this duty. Please note, some “Egyptian-speak” for flavor is acceptable; many strings of “Egyptian-speak” syllables such as “et” or “ka” is not.
- Anything containing the Pathfinder Campaign Setting (or any other setting). We know how much we all love the Pathfinder Campaign Setting, but we cannot use it. If you want to make something useful for worshippers of Sarenrae, instead mention “the sun deity.”
How do you submit your report for review?
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your item inside. Subject Line should be Egyptian Item Submission. Attachments will see your report burned in ritual fire. Transcribe your item in the body of the email. We prefer to get more items in a single email than more emails each with a single item contained within.
What shall be your reward?
Pharaoh is beneficent and has authorized payment of 1 US cent for every word in your item that gets published. We may edit your item. Unnecessarily ceremonial or flowery language shall be trimmed and transformed until the beauty of the item shines brightly as the sun.
Will we accept all items submitted.
We cannot. Stories being what they are, some will be hearsay of hearsay twice removed, and we need only the best items submitted to us. If we do not accept your item (or we accept an item resembling yours), Great Scribe, we will send an email informing you of the circumstances. Of course, we will send emails to those whose items are accepted as well. Expect an email either way.
When do we want your items by?
November 30th is the last day we can accept items. If you send us an item on December 1st, your item shall be sacrificed in ritual fire. So you have 46 days from today to send us your best item.
When should you inquire on your item?
We receive many emails so if you hear nothing before Dec 31st, worry not, Great Scribe. We’re working as hard as we can. However, if you haven’t received an email from us by the start of the new year, send us a reminder email. Please do not notify Pharaoh. He’s a bit touchy about this, and we have no desire to perish in ritual fire.
Jon Brazer Enterprises would like to welcome our new line developer. From the Mile High State of Colorado, we are pleased to have Marie Small join us. With an amazing list of writing credits that include the Book of Heroic Races: Seedlings, Pathfinder Player’s Companion: Dragon Slayer’s Handbook, and Conflict PvP: Tactics & Teams.
Marie describes herself as an evil overlady with her own small army of minions consisting of a husband, two cats and four kids. She enjoy games of all kinds, reading, music, and creating art of all kinds. “I’m extraordinarily grateful to my husband for holding me to my promise to compete in RPG Superstar 2011. I’m also grateful to everyone who voted (regardless of whom they voted for), the judges, and the fine folks who have granted me the opportunities I’ve had ever since.”
We are really thrilled to have Marie apart of our team. Please join me in welcoming Marie to Jon Brazer Enterprises.
Different cultures have a different flare of the divine. Some venerate the equinox as a time of rebirth while others find virtue in being a gifted athlete. Still others believe that taking part in a good harvest is the height of a deity’s generosity. It is this touch of the divine that Book of the Faithful: Celtic Subdomains brings to your game.
This 5-page PDF features:
- 10 new subdomains for your cleric or inquisitor, each with a distinctive Celtic flare.
- Descriptions of each subdomain, helping you fit it into your game with ease.
Bring the luck o’ the Celts into your game.
Time for Some Thrilling Heroic with Book of Heroic Races: Seedlings. Download this playable race today.
- Free all day today, the Book of Magic: Pirate Spells is perfect for your games on the high seas. Download it... fb.me/2zdFLoX2z 18 hours ago
- New JBE Newsletter: Holiday Giveaways #PFRPG- eepurl.com/KwVn5 18 hours ago
- Waiting to see how boot number 2 will go. #dayjob 19 hours ago
- #FiveWordTechHorrors Skynet creates iOS human cyborg. 19 hours ago
- #FiveWordTechHorrors Battery dead, no cell signal. 19 hours ago
News by Category
News by Date
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008