Traveller: Smart Guns
I saw a report recently about smart guns and how they are work. It was pretty cool. A thought I had about them shortly after the report was: why aren’t they in Traveller. So I’m adding them as an option. Here goes:
New Equipment Option
Smart Firearm (TL 8+). At the time of manufacturing, any firearm can become a smart gun. This prevents the gun from firing unless the designated person is holding the gun. At lower tech levels (TL 8-10), this represents a bracelet, ring or similar object being worn by the wielder that must be within 30 centimeters of the firearm. At higher tech levels (TL 10+), this represents DNA encoding to make sure the holder of the weapon is the designated person. When an authorized user of a Smart Firearm is deactivated, a new user normally must wait one minute before being activated. This modification triples the cost of the weapon.
New Skill Uses
Activating a user on a smart firearm: Education, 10-60 seconds, Easy
Activating a user on a smart firearm within 1 minute of a user being deactivated: Education, 10-60 seconds, Difficult
Making a smart firearm think the current user is the authorized user: Education, 1-6 seconds, Very Difficult.
What do you think?
Doom of the Sky Sword (5e)
- There's less than 50 hours left in the Christmas in July sale for #Pathfinder #TravellerRPG #DnD5e and #13thAge.... fb.me/2VDA6g79o 6 hours ago
- During yesterday's walk, I walked over a mile in a different part of town and caught 4 new Pokemon. #weightloss #PokemonGO 9 hours ago
- What the Military Base's Name again? Download the D66 Compendium 2 for #Traveller for 25% off today!... fb.me/13OrxRQzQ 1 day ago
- Christmas in July and the $2 Sale - eepurl.com/b80Z-L 2 days ago
- Today Only, we have a $2 Sale on #Pathfinder #TravellerRPG, #DnD5e, and #13thAge.... fb.me/YZZ0X22m 2 days ago